What is Site Analysis?It is a process of investigating a proposed construction site carefully to make sure it is suitable for the project. We take various factors like:
- The quality and stability of topsoil
- Land gradation
- Geographical factors around the property
- Historical significance, if any
- Legal information like ownership, title, boundaries, liens, etc
- Climate and weather conditions
- Infrastructure around the area
These are just some of the factors we explore during site assessment. Our team will carry out a customized analysis based on your project requirements.
Site Assessment ProcessThe process can be complicated and time-consuming, which is why it is essential to adopt a systematic approach. Here's a look at what we do:
- Site Analysis Plan – The first step is to come up with an approach plan. We consider priorities, size of the plot, time available, and other such factors before developing a schedule for assessment.
- Research Phase – The research phase involves collecting all the information from reliable sources. We contact local government offices to get information about things like titles, boundaries, and legal disputes. Our experts will scrutinize the land and topography and take note of everything that could affect the project.
- Carrying out the Analysis – Once the team has all the information, they will carry out a detailed analysis of the data. Sometimes we find issues that require more research or some clarification. We get the required information before moving on.
- Site Analysis Report – Once our team has analyzed all of the information, we prepare a site analysis report on our findings. The report will mention whether your land is suitable for construction.
Importance of Site Analysis in PlanningThe last thing you want is to find an issue with your plot in the middle of a project. That is expensive and can delay your project indefinitely. A thorough analysis allows you to recognize and fix issues before they can cause trouble.
Professional site assessment can also help you pass inspections in the future. The information can be used to create more environmentally-friendly buildings. You can find the ideal spot to plant trees, install solar panels, and add a septic tank. The analysis also reveals where all the utility connections are.
If you want to know more about our construction site analysis service, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us at Charles Hefner Architect. You can also call 818 793 1325.